Friday, August 12, 2016

Baby Steps

That is my secret. Baby steps.

My friend Piera's patchwork. She lives in Verona.
Notice there are two quilts; the one on the right has the stars in a white fabric,
the one on the left has coloured stars.
The pattern is the same though. Also to note: the pieces cut out
for the stars and tumbling blocks are
all the same shape and size.

I do everything one step at a time.

Piera started this in May...maybe June. Yap 3-4 months ago.

I don't think of how overwhelming the job or project is.

Piera is the accountant for a store
 that she and her husband own.
She has many responsibilities there and
with her family yet finds
a few minutes each day to sit outside her shop
and sew two pieces together
while she admires the view of
the Basilica San Zeno from her chair.

I just start it and put one foot in front of the other and keep going (never looking ahead to discourage myself) and all of a sudden I can say, I did it!

I sometimes join her in the late afternoon.

I just don't understand people who say to me, "I don't have time to make a quilt". Neither do I really.
But if you sew 2 pieces of fabric together and the next time you have a second you sew two more, and two more...It might take you a while but eventually you'll have accomplished it.
(Where to find those minutes? That is for another post!)

When I am in Canada she sends me pictures of that view!

Maybe what they mean to say is "I have no interest in making a quilt."

No comments:

Post a Comment